Title: Testing Legacy Code effectively with Approval Tests
Register here £350 / $450
This online C++ testing workshop is 2 hours a week for 4 weeks.
- Tuesdays, 4pm to 6pm GMT (8am to 10am PST)
- Click on the dates below to see in your local time, and optionally add to your calendar.
- Nov 03 - Testing existing code
- Nov 10 - Testing with ApprovalTests
- Nov 17 - Writing tests to protect hard-to-test code
- Nov 24 - Improving code so it’s easier to test
+ (optional) 1-on-1 consults with the instructors on your code
To attend this course, you will need to be able to use the following:
- Zoom, with a microphone and camera
- Google Docs (you won’t need a Google account, though)
- Basic understanding of C++ (creating strings, writing and calling functions, variables, loops, and similar…)
A different type of course
What the course offers
You’ve inherited some legacy code: it’s valuable, but it doesn’t have tests, and it wasn’t designed to be testable, so you need to start refactoring. But you can’t refactor safely until the code has tests, and you can’t add tests without refactoring! How can you ever break out of this loop?
Whether Legacy code for you means “old code”, “code without tests”, or “code you wish to redesign for new features or unit-tests”, this workshop will enable you to become productive and work safely, quickly.
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn not just how to use Approval Tests to start testing legacy code, but how to create effective, maintainable, expressive tests, even on large systems.
You can register here.