Testing code in CLion
Today I gave my webinar demo of adding tests un-tested code in CLion, with Catch2 and Approval Tests.
As ever, although I find that writing talks and demos takes me longer than I expect, I learn plenty doing the preparation, so the time pays off.
I had a mix of demo and slides: there’s always so much that I want to say in talks, and never enough time, but I really enjoyed the experience, and am grateful for the invitation.
Video and Slides
- Recording on YouTube
- JetBrains Blog Post, with timings, and links to other useful resources
- Slides on SlideShare
I covered these broad topics:
- Testing with Catch2
- Testing with Approval Tests
- Using Code Coverage tools to improve the tests
- Improving the tests, with Combination Approvals
- CLion testing tips
I’ve added a bunch of useful links and credits to its README.
The branches for today’s talk are:
- with the original code, and checklist which can be used to try it out at home
- with the changes made during the webinar. Scroll down to see the files add, and changes made
- with the completed changes, demoed at the end of the webinar. Scroll down to see the files add, and changes made